Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! - delicious appetizer/prosecco pairing!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!  I know we did.  Being that it was my wedding anniversary, my husband and I headed out for an early dinner with just ourselves.  We found an awesome restaurant in downtown Philadelphia - AMIS.  I would highly recommend it....great Italian food in the portions that we are supposed to be eating.  I felt like I was back in Italia again, it was awesome!

We started with Baked Pecorino with Almond Honey.  We paired that with Elisabet, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene ‘09.  

Very easy to make at home:  You get pecorino cheese and slice it, placed into an oven-safe crock.  Into the oven @ 450 degrees until it's warm, melted, and yummy.  Meanwhile, take a good honey (plain honey would work, but I'm wondering how lavender honey would work with this?) and chop up your almonds in the honey (alternatively, you could use any type of nuts...walnuts would work as well).  Once your pecorino comes out of the oven, you drizzle it with the honey/nut mixture.  Use crostini and dip.  You don't need a lot...it is very satisfying!  (please use a good quality bread...that will make all the difference!)

The prosecco we had (Elisabet, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene ‘09) paired extremely well with this as it has green apple overtones and was crisp and dry...apples and cheese always go well!  It is 100% Prosecco out of the Venuto region of Italia (near Treviso).  This delicious beverage has bright notes of apple and pear with floral and citrus hints.  It's very delicate and goes extremely well with appetizers, soups, fish, poultry, pork, salads, pasta, and...of course....cheeses!  This should be served at 44-48 degrees (Fahrenheit)


Frank and I will be making this at home soon...I have just received my Pampered Chef mini-baker and I am sure in the foreseeable future it will be utilized for the Baked Prosecco recipe! 

My wish to you is a Joyous and Prosperous 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment